Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in
- where it is?
- what it is like?
- what do you do there?
- and explain why you enjoy spending time there?
I would love to tell you about that part of my city where I often visit; I live in Agra. This city is also known as the City of Love. It’s one of the major cities of Uttar Pradesh. There are infinite places where citizens can enjoy their leisure time, like Agra Fort, Jama Masjid, Fatehpur Sikri, Akbar’s Tomb, Moti Masjid, Sikandra Fort, and the most favorite place of the love birds Taj Mahal.
Nevertheless, my favorite part is a jogging park nearby my home, and I go there in the morning for my jogging sessions. The jogging park is quite old, and it’s there for more than 40 years. It is not just my favorite place, but my family equally likes to visit here.
What it is like? and What do you do there?
- This is the most peaceful place where I go every day. There is also lots of nature around, such as flowers, birds, trees, and much more. It is mostly used for recreational activities such as jogging, walking, exercising, etc. A few months back, the city administration has installed an open gym there. After spending 30 minutes on the track, I also work out in the gym.
Why do you enjoy spending time there?
- I go there because I feel relaxed due to the tranquil environment. Moreover, I am a fitness freak, and jogging is my favorite activity. Sometimes, I go there after spending a hectic day at my office. Due to that, I become calmer, and it helps me to get a peaceful sleep at night.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 : Follow up Questions
Here some examples of follow up questions that you may asked during your speaking part 3 by examiner related to cue card “Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in”.
How do public places change in towns or cities?
- Public places change as the recommendations of the city planners. The local citizens also demand such change for a better lifestyle. For example, the Leisure Valley in my city was developed on the demand of locals, and the local administration took advice from city planners before building the Leisure Valley so people can spend their recreational time there.
What public places do old people usually go?
- The old people love to go to public parks full of trees. They like a peaceful environment where they can walk and sit with their friends and loved ones. There is a public park nearby my home, and I am 100% sure that 70% of people who visit there are above 60.
Why do young people like to go to public places?
- Youngsters prefer to go to parks to spend their leisure time with their loved ones. Couples admire such places where they can sit close to nature.
Will more people move to cities in the future?
- No, I do not think so. People who live in cities are moving towards the countryside. The high level of traffic jams and the Poor air quality would be the main reason behind this trend.
Photo by RUN 4 FFWPU from Pexels